1. Harvest spuds, fruit, vegetables
2. Plant onions, garlic, spring cabbages, bulbs for spring flowers, strawberries
3. Sow winter salads, fast growing green manures on cleared beds (mustard, phacelia), hardy annuals (calendula, nigella)
4. Keep composting & weeding
5. Tidy everything up while the weather is still pleasant.
Keep on top of weeding and watering. It’s hot and dry out there so water well once a week. Water at the base of the plant and try and avoid waterting during the heat of the day.
Harvest beans, peas, courgettes, cucumbers etc. regularly to ensure on-going production
Lift early spuds and use the beds to either plant out leeks and winter brassicas or sow with green manure; lift garlic and autumn planted onions
Sow lettuce, beetroot, chard, oriental greens, rocket, carrots Feed tomatoes and peppers with an organic seaweed tomato feed or diluted comfrey liquid; spray everything with diluted liquid seaweed
Summer prune trained apple and pear trees and cherries and plums in late August.