Here’s a great recipe for using your early green spring cabbage. This recipe is for 250g of cabbage, but you can adjust it accordingly.
- 250g cabbage
- 50g Carrot/ Fennel/ spring onion – your choice – I used Fennel
- 5g Salt (2% of cabbage weight)
- ½ tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (I used a vegan version; add more or less to your taste)
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp whole grain mustard
- Finely slice the cabbage, rinse and drain well, then add salt, mix well and pop in the fridge.
- Toast the caraway seeds gently in a griddle
- Grate the carrot/ fennel/ spring onion
- Mix together Mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard & pepper and keep in the fridge until ready to serve
- Then combine cabbage, other veg, caraway seeds and mayonnaise sauce together and serve.